Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday Recipes That Caught My Eye

Photobucket



When I browsed some of the fabulous blogger menus for Menu Plan Monday, I saw quite a few menu ideas that really caught my eye. I thought I would put them here in order to have them on hand for another Menu Plan Monday. With over 300 posters I obviously couldn't check out everything, but I do think these will be marvelous!

The blog name had me intrigued so I had to check out the posting at The Fruit of Her Hands. I was so glad I did, because her blog looks fantastic. I was immediately drawn to this lovely woman's words. I especially appreciated her desire to be the woman God has made her to be. The food that caught my eye was actually her recipe for pizza crust from her Friday night pizza night. I love making pizza at home, but I must admit I have never made my own crust. When I lived back East I would just buy some dough at the bakery. Now in Arizona I am more likely to buy some Bobelli which is tasty, but probably not going the more thrifty route. In fact this week I am planning on making veggie pizza and just might have to try the crust recipe that night.

This next one is from one blog linking to another. I love stuffed peppers, and I am always looking for different ways to make them. Benza Bulletin had stuffed peppers on the list with a link for the tasty recipe! I was thrilled to have another recipe for stuffed peppers. I am definitely going to keep this in mind for the weeks ahead.

Today's Specials
had a link to what made my mouth water when just reading the name. Imagine BBQ Chicken Braid! I don't think this is something I will be able to work out immediately, but once I get a good mixer, I am on it!

While reading Greta's post at Mom Living Healthy, I was drawn to the apple granola recipe she got from Finding Joy in My Kitchen. They had it listed for breakfast so many times, I just had to look it up. I have quite a bit of cereal stocked up right now for my husband (he loves cereal), but I think he will flip for this recipe too!

I love salads. I get a lot of great fruits and vegetables from bountiful baskets, and I am always looking for ways to incorporate each and every one into our diet. Trina at Tidbits of Happy had a cucumber salad on her Menu Plan Monday posting. It looks so good! I just picked up two HUGE English cucumbers this weekend. I think I will try this on Sunday with our leftovers.

After seeing my fantasy coffee cup in the hands of the A Need For Caffeine, I had to pop on over and see what was the week's menu plan. I was immediately giddy over the idea of a crock pot apple dumplings. I made two apple crisps in the past two weeks and think trying the apple dumplings would be a blast. I also just love using my crock pot for anything I can.

Amanda at First Day of My New Life had a recipe link for strawberry banana bread (from A Few Shortcuts) that again had my mouth watering. I always seem to have bananas on hand, and this looks like a seriously tasty way to put them to good use (beyond my typical choice of banana bread or banana muffins). Looking at the pictures at the recipe site reminded me again that I need a good mixer. Maybe for Christmas.

Charla from Healthy Home Blog has a recipe for chicken tortilla soup. I have a recipe that I use but I was thrilled to find another option. It looks like a winner!

Unorganized Housewife
has a title that kind of describes me, and a recipe that is definitely a must try. It is called Murphy's Hot Hamburger. We have a Murphy's here (well not the Murphy's that makes this burger), and after looking at the picture I was hoping that it was our Murphy's. Well it isn't so I am going to have to make this myself. Thank goodness for the recipe!

Food on the Table had me with this lovely recipe for pineapple shrimp rice bake. It contains everything I love, and I am pretty sure my son and husband will like it too. Of course, I have to wait for a good shrimp sale.

Alicia's Homemaking had some great recipes to share, but the one that really caught my eye was for blueberry zucchini bread. I have always loved zucchini bread, and this sounds like an awesome option. The vegetable pasta primavera looks pretty awesome too. She has a great picture. My only fear is my husband's lactose intolerance. :( Poor guy.

Oh the joy! More granola! I really am so excited about my granola making prospects thanks to another recipe this time from Alli 'n Son! Granola really can satisfy, and now that I have found a delightful yogurt recipe, I am ready to make that too and mix up the yummy duo!

I was thrilled to find Eat At Home. Not only are their recipes but also a grocery list accompanying her menu plan. I was especially taken with the Garden Rotini with Grilled Zucchini and Chicken. Summer is totally zucchini season!

Well that is it for this week. If you haven't yet, you just might want to head over to I'm An Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. It has helped me regain more time in my week and more order. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow you sure did visit a lot of the blogs. all the recipes you listed sounds yummy.

    Thanks for linking up to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really cool of you to put this post together of your favorite blogs/recipes this week. I can't wait to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete